What is the difference between sexual and asexual reproduction? First of all, we should know about reproduction. Interesting Biology.
Reproduction is the process by which organisms increase their number to ensure successful survival on the planet earth. This process is known from pre-historic time. Let’s know about the difference.
- Sexual reproduction needs two partners, viz male and female. Asexual reproduction needs only one parent.
- Asexual reproduction results in offspring which are all identical, while sexual reproduction results in offspring which are somewhat different.
- The offspring of sexual reproduction are may be totally different or somewhat different. The offspring of asexual reproduction are totally identical to their parents as well as siblings.
- Sexual reproduction usually occurs in higher ranks of organisms. Asexual reproduction occurs in invertebrates mainly.
- Asexual reproduction is of many types while sexual has few types.
- Sexual reproduction results in the gestation period, while asexual results in no gestation period.