What is the difference between nephron and neuron? This question is answered in the following text. Interesting Biology. Let’s see the difference.
- Nephron and Neuron both are microscopic structures.
- The nephron is the structural and functional unit of the kidney while the neuron is the structural and functional unit of the nervous system.
- Both are major units of their respective organs.
- Neurons work on chemical as well as electrical pathways. Nephron works on chemical pathways.
- Nephron’s function is to clear and clean the blood. Neuron’s function is to conduct signals.
- Neuron says “what is happening?” while nephron says “What to clear from blood?”.
- The nephron is present in the kidney while neuron is present all over the body.
- The neuron itself controls the function of the nephron.
- The structure of both is different from each other.
- These both are long thread-like in structure.
Read more at Link